Blisovi Fe 1/20 is a combination birth control pill that contains two hormones: norethindrone (a progestin) and ethinyl estradiol (an estrogen). It also contains a small amount of iron (ferrous fumarate) in the inactive pills that are taken during the fourth week of the cycle. Blisovi Fe 1/20 is used to prevent pregnancy, treat acne, and regulate menstrual cycles. Here are some important things you need to know before taking Blisovi Fe 1/20.
Benefits of Blisovi Fe 1/20
Blisovi Fe 1/20 can offer several benefits for women who choose to use it as a method of contraception. Some of these benefits are:
- It is highly effective in preventing pregnancy when taken correctly and consistently.
- It can make your periods more regular, lighter, and less painful.
- It can reduce your risk of ovarian cysts and some types of cancer, such as ovarian and endometrial cancer.
- It can improve your skin condition by reducing acne breakouts.
Risks and Side Effects of Blisovi Fe 1/20
Blisovi Fe 1/20, like any other medication, can also have some risks and side effects that you should be aware of. Some of these are:
- It does not protect you or your partner from sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), such as HIV, gonorrhea, chlamydia, etc. You should use condoms or other barrier methods to prevent STDs.
- It can increase your risk of blood clots, stroke, heart attack, and high blood pressure, especially if you smoke cigarettes, are over 35 years old, or have other medical conditions or family history that increase your risk. You should not smoke or use tobacco while taking Blisovi Fe 1/20.
- It can cause some common side effects, such as nausea, vomiting, headache, breast tenderness, mood changes, weight gain, spotting, or missed periods. These side effects usually go away after a few months of use. If they persist or worsen, you should consult your doctor.
- It can interact with some other medications or supplements can make it less effective or cause more side effects. You should tell your doctor and pharmacist about all the drugs and products you are using before taking Blisovi Fe 1/20.
How to Use Blisovi Fe 1/20
Blisovi Fe 1/20 comes in a pack of 28 pills: 21 active pills that contain hormones and 7 inactive pills that contain iron. You should take one pill every day at the same time of day. You should start with the first active pill in the pack on the first day of your period or on the first Sunday after your period begins. You should take one active pill every day for 21 days, followed by one inactive pill every day for 7 days. During the week you take the inactive pills, you will have a withdrawal bleed that is similar to your period. After you finish the pack, you should start a new pack the next day without any break.
It is very important to take Blisovi Fe 1/20 exactly as prescribed by your doctor and follow the instructions on the package leaflet. Do not skip any doses or take more or less than directed. If you miss a dose, follow the directions on the leaflet or contact your doctor for advice. You vomit or have diarrhea within 4 hours of taking a pill, you may need to use a backup method of birth control (such as condoms or spermicide) for the next 7 days.
If you have any questions or concerns about taking Blisovi Fe 1/20, you should talk to your doctor or pharmacist. They can provide you with more information and guidance on how to use this medication safely and effectively.
Blisovi Fe 1/20 is a combination birth control pill that can prevent pregnancy, treat acne, and regulate menstrual cycles. It has some benefits and risks that you should weigh carefully before taking it. You should follow the directions on how to use it correctly and consistently to avoid unwanted pregnancy and side effects. You should also consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns about this medication. Blisovi Fe 1/20 is one of the many options available for women who want to control their fertility and health.